Sunday 14 November 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Hinault and Condoleezza Rice.
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Time I Saw Paris, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Howdy Doody.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1954 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Bernard Hinault: French cyclist, winner of the Tour de France in 1978, 1979, 1981, 1982 and 1985.
- Condoleezza Rice: American government aide who became President George W. Bush's National Security Advisor on January 22, 2001.
- Yanni : Greek musician, a pianist and composer with a large following.
- Anson Funderburgh: American guitarist and bandleader.
- Eliseo Salazar: Chilean race car driver.
- Egyptian President Naguib fired / state of emergency declared
- Egyptian president Mohammed Naguib is deposed Gamal Abdel Nasser replaces him.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 November 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?