Monday 14 November 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Willie Hernandez and Jack Sikma NBA center (Seattle Supersonics.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Diabolique, directed by H.G. Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1955 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Willie Hernandez: Pitcher (Cy Young Award).
- Jack Sikma NBA center (Seattle Supersonics: Milwaukee Bucks).
- Heidi Hautala: Finnish politician (Greens).
- Philip Egan: English bishop.
- Jack Sikma: American basketball player and coach.
- Robert E Sherwood: Dramatist (Abe Lincoln in Illinois), dies at 59.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?