Wednesday 14 November 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Sharkfighters, directed by Jerry Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1956 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Peter R de Vries: Dutch crime reporter.
- Babette Babich: American philosopher author and scholar.
- Avi Cohen: Israeli footballer and manager (d. 2010).
- Peter de Vries: Dutch journalist and producer.
- Steve Stockman: American accountant and politician.
- Francis Miquel: French sommelier, who worked at Hôtel de France in Auch.
- Riikka Uosukainen: Finnish TV news anchor.
- Peter DeVries: Dutch journalist who researched the murder of American Natalee Holloway in Aruba.
- Kenneth D Bowersox in Portsmouth Virginia USA Lieutenant Commander US Navy/astronaut (sk: STS-50).
- Alec John: Such; rocker (Bon Jovi - "You Give Love a Bad Name").
- Hungarian revolt put down
- Fighting ends in Hungary.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 November 1956 and get them!