Saturday 14 November 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Annie Schilder and Antoine Duléry.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
Ben-Hur, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky and His Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1959 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Annie Schilder: Dutch singer (BZN).
- Antoine Duléry: French actor abd imitator.
- Paul McGann: British actor.
- Paul Attanasio: American screenwriter and producer.
- Chris Woods: English footballer coach and manager.
- Thomas Ross: Actor (Without Limit), dies at 84.
- Girls against the Boys closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 16 performances
- Kilauea's most spectacular eruption (in Hawaii).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
- Paul Evans - Seven Little Girls Sitting In The Back Seat
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?