Monday 14 October 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
From the Manger to the Cross; or, Jesus of Nazareth, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1912 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Helmut Schelsky: German sociologist (Sociology of Sex).
- Bull Moose Teddy Roosevelt shot while campaigning in Milwaukee.
- While campaigning in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the former President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, is shot and mildly wounded by John Schrank, a mentally-disturbed saloon keeper. With the fresh wound in his chest, and the bullet still within it, Mr. Roosevelt still carries out his scheduled public speech.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down South - Heidelberg Quintet
- Whistle It - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?