Wednesday 14 October 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Your Girl and Mine: A Woman Suffrage Play, directed by Giles Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1914 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Tommy Fine: American pitcher in Major League Baseball who played in 23 games for the Boston Red Sox (1947) and St. Louis Browns (1950).
- Dick Durrance: American skier (d. 2004).
- Raymond Davis Jr: American physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 2006).
- Harry Brecheen: American baseball player and coach (d. 2004).
- Raymond Davis: Jr.
- Alexis Rannit: Estonian poet and critic (d. 1985)
- German troops occupy Bruges.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Just for To-Night - Billy Murray & Will Oakland
- Rock of Ages - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?