Thursday 14 October 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Great K & A Train Robbery, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1926 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Willy Alberti: Dutch folk singer.
- Willy Alberti [Carel Verbrugge]: Singer / actor (Riffin in Amsterdam).
- Bill Justis: American trumpet and saxophone player and producer (Born 1926).
- Walter Johnson retires, signs 2-year contract to manage Newark
- The children's book Winnie-the-Pooh, by A.A. Milne, is first published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Marvin - Breezin' Along with the Breeze
- The Blue Room - Revelers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?