Wednesday 14 October 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Charge of the Light Brigade, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1936 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Emma Danieli: Italian actress and television personality, who started her career at a very young age doing commercials.
- Tony Russo: American social scientist, political activist, and writer.
- Hans Kraay: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Jürg Schubiger: Swiss psychotherapist and author (d. 2014).
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?