Monday 14 October 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jesse Carlyle Snead and Pat Finley in Asheville.
Christmas in July, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1940 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Jesse Carlyle Snead: Hot Springs, Virginia -- PGA golfer (1972 Philadelphia Classic).
- Pat Finley in Asheville: North Carolina, USA; actress (Ellen Hartley - Bob Newhart Show).
- Cliff Richard: British pop singer, musician, performer, actor and philanthropist.
- Perrie Mans: South African snooker player.
- Christopher Timothy: English actor (All Creatures Great & Small).
- Balham subway station disaster, in London, England, occurs during the Nazi Luftwaffe air raids on Great Britain.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 October 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?