Monday 14 October 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Christmas in July, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1940 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Christopher Timothy: English actor (All Creatures Great & Small).
- Cliff Richard: British pop singer, musician, performer, actor and philanthropist.
- Jesse Carlyle Snead: Hot Springs, Virginia -- PGA golfer (1972 Philadelphia Classic).
- Pat Finley in Asheville: North Carolina, USA; actress (Ellen Hartley - Bob Newhart Show).
- Perrie Mans: South African snooker player.
- Balham subway station disaster, in London, England, occurs during the Nazi Luftwaffe air raids on Great Britain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?