Saturday 14 October 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sheila Young Ochowicz and Alda D'Eusanio.
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Stu Erwin Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1950 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Sheila Young Ochowicz: Birmingham, Michigan -- Speed skater (1976 Olympics - Gold / Silver Medalist).
- Alda D'Eusanio: Italian TV journalist found to be fraudulent in reporting sensationalism; she was fired and disgraced.
- Joey Travolta: American actor director and producer.
- Rev Sun Young Moon liberated from Hung Nam prison
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Always Love You (Querida Mia) - Dinah Shore
- Harbor Lights - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Eddie Fisher - Thinking of You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?