Tuesday 14 October 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margriet Eshuijs and Nikolai Adrianov.
The Flowers of St. Francis, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Married Joan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1952 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Margriet Eshuijs: Dutch singer / pianist.
- Nikolai Adrianov: USSR -- Gymnast (1976 Olympics - 4 Gold / 2 Silver / Bronze Medals).
- Daisy Eshuijs: Singer / pianist / composer (Eye to Eye).
- Harry Anderson in Newport: Rhode Island, USA; actor (Judge Harry Stone - Night Court).
- Caroline Casey: American astrologer, a cultural mythologist and political analyst who speaks to the healing of the individual and the collective.
- Harry Anderson: American actor and screenwriter
- Nikolai Andrianov: Russian gymnast and coach (d. 2011)
- Rick Aviles: US comic/actor (Ghost), dies of AIDS (born 1952).
- Buttrio Square opens at New Century Theater NYC for 7 performances
- Korean War: United Nations and South Korean forces launch Operation Showdown against Chinese strongholds at the Iron Triangle. The resulting Battle of Triangle Hill is the biggest and bloodiest battle of 1952.
- The United Nations begins work in the new United Nations building in New York City, designed by Le Corbusier and Oscar Niemeyer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?