Wednesday 14 October 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel R Zeeuw and Olga Nikolayevna Klyushnikova.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ponds Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1953 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Marcel R Zeeuw: Suriname -- Lieutenant Colonel (coup 1982).
- Olga Nikolayevna Klyushnikova: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Greg Evigan in South Amboy: New Jersey; actor (BJ - "BJ and the Bear").
- Shelley Ackerman: American professional astrologer.
- Greg Evigan: American actor and singer.
- Kazumi Watanabe: Japanese guitarist and composer
- 1st 3 Dutch female police officers go into service
- Belgian Convair crashes at Frankfurt, 44 die
- Charley Dressen resigns rather than take 1 year contract as Dodger mgr
- Ike promises to fire as Red any federal worker taking 5th amendment
- WTEN TV channel 10 in Albany, New York (ABC) begins broadcasting
- US President Dwight Eisenhower promises to fire as Red (Communist) any federal worker taking 5th amendment.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 October 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?