Wednesday 14 October 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1953 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Greg Evigan in South Amboy: New Jersey; actor (BJ - "BJ and the Bear").
- Greg Evigan: American actor and singer.
- Kazumi Watanabe: Japanese guitarist and composer.
- Marcel R Zeeuw: Suriname -- Lieutenant Colonel (coup 1982).
- Olga Nikolayevna Klyushnikova: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Shelley Ackerman: American professional astrologer. entertainer, a singer, actress and comedienne with a body of live work, some film and TV including credits as Peter Allen’s opening act at Reno Sweeney and in the 20th anniversary production of "Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well and Living in Paris."
- 1st 3 Dutch female police officers go into service
- Belgian Convair crashes at Frankfurt, 44 die
- Charley Dressen resigns rather than take 1 year contract as Dodger mgr
- Ike promises to fire as Red any federal worker taking 5th amendment
- WTEN TV channel 10 in Albany, New York (ABC) begins broadcasting
- US President Dwight Eisenhower promises to fire as Red (Communist) any federal worker taking 5th amendment.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?