Sunday 14 October 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Around the World in Eighty Days, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1956 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Ümit Besen: Turkish singer-songwriter.
- Beth Daniel: American golfer and sportscaster.
- Jennell Jaquays: American game designer.
- Arleen Sorkin: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- Beth Daniel in Charleston: South Carolina, USA; LPGA golfer (1980 player of the year).
- Douglas Wright: New Zealander dancer and choreographer, founder of the Douglas Wright Dance Company that has toured throughout New Zealand, Australia and Europe.
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Arkansas Golf Open
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the Indian Untouchable caste leader, converts to Buddhism along with 385,000 of his followers (see Neo-Buddhism).
- The RAF retires its last Lancaster bomber.
- Fidel Castro and Che Guevara depart from Tuxpan, Veracruz, Mexico, enroute to Santiago de Cuba aboard the yacht ''Granma'' with 82 men.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?