Wednesday 14 October 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include A J Pero and AJ Pero in Staten Island.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Wonderful Country, directed by Robert Parrish, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Detectives.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1959 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- A J Pero: Staten Island, New York -- Drummer (Twisted Sister-Not Gonna Take It).
- AJ Pero in Staten Island: New York, USA; drummer (Twisted Sister - "We're Not Gonna Take It").
- AJ Pero: American drummer (Twisted Sister).
- Cannelle : French model, TV presenter and singer, known in Italy in the 1980s thanks to the advertisement for the Morositas brand of confectionary.
- A Pero: American drummer (Twisted Sister and Adrenaline Mob) (d. 2015).
- Errol Flynn: Australian-American actor.
- WMUB (now WPTO) TV channel 14 in Oxford, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 October 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?