Friday 14 October 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Denis Chatelier and Mark Nyman.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Reach Out I'll Be There by Four Tops.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
The Fortune Cookie, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cliff Dexter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1966 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Denis Chatelier: French newsmaker, the first person to have a bilateral transplant of hands and forearms.
- Mark Nyman: English Scrabble player.
- Arcady Dubensky: Composer, dies at 75.
- Dutch government of Cals falls by motion of Schmelzer
- The city of Montreal, Quebec, begins the operation of its underground Montreal Metro rapid-transit system.
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs a bill creating the United States Department of Transportation.
- The U.S. Congress passes a bill for the creation of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
- ABC-TV telecasts a highly acclaimed 90-minute television adaptation of the musical ''Brigadoon'', starring Robert Goulet, Peter Falk, and Sally Ann Howes. It wins many Emmy Awards and inaugurates a short-lived series of special television adaptations of famous Broadway musicals on ABC. Goulet stars in all but one of these specials.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- The Association - Cherish
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- The Four Seasons - I've Got You Under My Skin
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?