Saturday 14 October 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1967 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Dave Hajek: Roseville, California -- Infielder (Houston Astros).
- Gérald De Palmas: French singer born to a land surveyor coming from Britanny and to a teacher (mother).
- Cha In-pyo: South Korean actor and singer.
- Pat Kelly: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Sylvain Lefebvre: Richmond -- NHL defenseman (Colorado Avalanche).
- Jason Plato: English race car driver and television host
- Savanna Samson: American porn actress
- Stephen Smith: Radio Host
- Alain Roche: French association football defender, who spent significant time at Paris Saint-Germain, where he notably won the European Cup Winners' Cup (C2). He earned his first cap on 19 November 1988 against Yugoslavia in a 3–2 loss. He played for Bordeaux, Marseille, Auxerre, Paris SG and Valencia.
- Tony Harrah: American noted family, second adopted son of the gambling czar, William Harrah, age 56 and his wife, age 41. He has an older brother adopted two years prior and his parents divorced in 1969. Harrah's dad died 6/30/1978, leaving him one of the major heirs in an estate estimated at $137 million.
- Stephen A Smith: American sports journalist
- Marcel Ayme: French novelist and playwright (Born 1902).
- The Vietnam War: The folk singer Joan Baez is arrested concerning a physical blockade of the U.S. Army's induction center in Oakland, California.
- Quebec Nationalism: René Lévesque leaves the Liberal Party.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?