Tuesday 14 October 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Verhoeven and P J Brown.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Can't Get Next To You by The Temptations.
In UK I'll Never Fall In Love Again by Bobbie Gentry was in the top 5 hits.
Battle of Britain, directed by Guy Hamilton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strange Paradise.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1969 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Mark Verhoeven: Dutch soccer player (MVV / NEC).
- P J Brown: NBA center / forward (New Jersey Nets, Miami Heat).
- Christophe Agou: French photographer.
- PJ Brown: American basketball player: forward, Heat.
- P Brown: American basketball player.
- David Strickland: American actor (d. 1999)
- Haguroyama Masaji: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 36th Yokozuna (Born 1914).
- Palme government forms in Sweden
- T Agee and Ed Kranepool HR, Agee makes 2 great catches, Mets win 5-0
- Race riots in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- The United Kingdom introduces the British fifty-pence coin, which replaces, over the following years, the British ten-shilling note, in anticipation of the decimalization of the British currency in 1971, and the abolition of the shilling as a unit of currency anywhere in the world.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- Marvin Gaye - That's The Way Love Is
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- The Cuff Links - Tracy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?