Monday 14 October 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Nothing From Nothing by Billy Preston.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Airport 1975, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1974 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Viktor Rothlin: Swiss marathoner.
- Samuel: Brazilian footballer.
- Joseph Utsler: American musician.
- Jessica Drake: American porn actress and director.
- Samuel da Silva Vieira: Brazilian footballer.
- Viktor Röthlin: Swiss runner
- Shaggy Dope: American rapper producer wrestler and actor (Insane Clown Posse Psychopathic Rydas and Dark Lotus)
- Tümer Metin: Turkish footballer
- Natalie Maines: American singer-songwriter and activist who achieved success as the lead vocalist for the female alternative country band the Dixie Chicks. Born in Lubbock, Texas, Maines considers herself a rebel who "loved not thinking in the way I knew the majority of people thought." In 1995, after leaving Berklee College of Music, Maines was recruited by the Dixie Chicks to replace their lead singer, Laura Lynch. With Maines as lead vocalist, the band earned 10 Country Music Association Awards and 13 Grammy
- Kim Williams: WNBA guard (Utah Starzz)
- 8th Country Music Association Award: Charlie Rich
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
- Carole King - Jazzman
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Blue Swede - Never My Love
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - Steppin' Out (Gonna Boogie Tonight)
- The Osmonds - Love Me For A Reason
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?