Thursday 14 October 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Disco Duck (Part 1) by Rick Dees.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Car Wash, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1976 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Natasa Kejzar: Slovenian swimmer.
- Ben Pridmore: World Memory Champion.
- Tillakaratne Dilshan: Sri Lankan cricketer.
- Nataša Kejžar: Slovenian swimmer.
- Henry Mateo: Dominican baseball player.
- Nobel prize for economy awarded to Milton Friedman
- Soyuz 23 carries two to Salyut 6, but returns without docking.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Orleans - Still The One
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?