Sunday 14 October 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Coty Strickler and Stacy Keibler.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Don't Stop Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
...And Justice for All., directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Dead Zone by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rose of Versailles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Invasion Orion or Samurai (Europe) Dynasty! (US).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1979!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1979 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Coty Strickler: Miss Montana Teen USA (1997).
- Stacy Keibler: American actress and professional wrestler.
- Liina-Grete Lilender: Estonian figure skater and coach.
- 100,000 demonstrate in Bonn against nuclear energy
- Amy Alcott wins LPGA United Virginia Bank Golf Classic
- Flyers start 35 game unbeaten streak beating Toronto 4-3
- The first Gay Rights March on Washington, D.C., the National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights, demands ''an end to all social, economic, judicial, and legal oppression of lesbian and gay people'', and draws 200,000 people.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 October 1979
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Commodores - Sail On
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- M - Pop Muzik
- Donna Summer - Dim All The Lights
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?