Sunday 14 October 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Praying For Time by George Michael.
In UK Show Me Heaven by Maria McKee was in the top 5 hits.
Night of the Living Dead, directed by Tom Savini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1990!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1990 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Jordan Clark: Cricket Player.
- Mark-Francis Vandelli: Reality Star.
- Ray : Pop Singer.
- Ballout : Rapper.
- Alexandra Krosney: American actress.
- Raquel Diaz: American wrestler and singer
- Leonard Bernstein: American musician, a pianist, conductor and composer of symphonies, ballets, musical comedies, chamber music and film scores; a fabulous talent.
- Cathy Gerring wins LPGA Trophee Urban World Golf Championship
- Jeff Goldblum and wife Geena Davis file for divorce
- San Francisco 49ers' Joe Montana passes for six touchdowns versus Atlanta Falcons (45-35).
- Cold War: Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to lessen Cold War tensions and reform his nation.
- South Africa ends segregation of libraries, trains, buses, toilets, swimming pools, and other public facilities.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- James Ingram - I Don't Have The Heart
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Janet Jackson - Black Cat
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- Dino - Romeo
- Black Box - Everybody Everybody
- Paul Young - Oh Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 October 1990 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?