Sunday 14 October 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexandra Krosney and Jordan Clark.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Praying For Time by George Michael.
In UK Show Me Heaven by Maria McKee was in the top 5 hits.
Night of the Living Dead, directed by Tom Savini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les nuls, l'émission.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bigfoot or DuckTales: The Quest for Gold.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1990!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1990 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Alexandra Krosney: American actress.
- Jordan Clark: Cricket Player.
- Mark-Francis Vandelli: Reality Star.
- Ray : Pop Singer.
- Ballout : Rapper.
- Raquel Diaz: American wrestler and singer
- Leonard Bernstein: American musician, a pianist, conductor and composer of symphonies, ballets, musical comedies, chamber music and film scores; a fabulous talent.
- Cathy Gerring wins LPGA Trophee Urban World Golf Championship
- Jeff Goldblum and wife Geena Davis file for divorce
- San Francisco 49ers' Joe Montana passes for six touchdowns versus Atlanta Falcons (45-35).
- Cold War: Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to lessen Cold War tensions and reform his nation.
- South Africa ends segregation of libraries, trains, buses, toilets, swimming pools, and other public facilities.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- James Ingram - I Don't Have The Heart
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- Janet Jackson - Black Cat
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Dino - Romeo
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- Black Box - Everybody Everybody
- Paul Young - Oh Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?