Monday 14 October 2002
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Youssif .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK The Long And Winding Road / Suspicious Minds by Will Young & Gareth Gates was in the top 5 hits.
The Rules of Attraction, directed by Roger Avary, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while From a Buick 8 by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Top Gear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse or SpongeBob SquarePants: Employee of the Month.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 2002!
Which were the important events of 14 October 2002 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Norbert Schultze: German composer and songwriter (Born 1911).
- The San Francisco Giants defeated the St. Louis Cardinals, four games to one, to win the National League Championship Series and move on the World Series. They will play the Anaheim Angels, who defeated the Minnesota Twins four games to one to win the American League Championship Series.
- The Washington sniper strikes again for the twelfth time at at a Home Depot in Falls Church, Virginia, making Linda Franklin the ninth fatality. Washington Post online map
- United Kingdom took back the reins of government in Northern Ireland amid a crisis in the peace process provoked by a spying scandal, but vowed to try and restore home rule early next year. See also Good Friday Agreement.
- Indonesia's defense minister blamed al-Qaida and its extremist allies for the massive bomb attack that killed more than 180 people at a nightclub on the resort island of Bali.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2002 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?