Sunday 14 October 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
American Gangster, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 14 October 2007 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 October
- Al-habileen/lahij: Four citizens are killed on the 44th anniversary of the revolution against British colonial rule in South Yemen.
- A bomb explodes in a movie theatre in Ludhiana in India's Punjab state killing at least six people and wounding at least 30 others. (AP via CNN)
- Three million Italians go to the polls to elect the leader of the new Democratic Party. The current Mayor of Rome, Walter Veltroni, wins with about 75% of the votes. (AFP via Google News)
- The Attorney-General of Israel launches a third criminal inquiry into the behaviour of the Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert before he was Prime Minister: the latest inquiry is into granting political favours as Trade Minister. (BBC)
- The Interfax news agency reports that Russian security forces have received a warning of plans to assassinate the President of Russia Vladimir Putin in Iran. (Reuters)
- At least eight people including six tourists die when trapped by a flood in the Nam Talu cave in Khao Sok national park in southern Thailand. (Reuters)
- Voters in Togo go to the poll for the Togolese parliamentary election, 2007. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Australia John Howard asks the Governor-General of Australia Michael Jeffery to dissolve the Parliament of Australia and call an election on 24 November. (ABC News Australia)
- After 25 centuries, the marbles of the Acropolis of Athens are cautiously moved to the New Acropolis Museum. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?