Tuesday 14 October 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, directed by Mark Herman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 14 October 2008 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 October
- U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson announces plans to take equity stakes totaling up to $250 billion in financial institutions.
- Canadian federal election, 2008: Prime Minister Stephen Harper is re-elected with a stronger minority government.
- The United Arab Emirates recognizes Kosovo as an independent and sovereign state. (Emirates News Agency)
- Indian novelist Aravind Adiga wins the Man Booker Prize for his debut ''The White Tiger''. (''The Canberra Times'')
- In Canada's 40th general election, the ruling Conservative Party gains 19 seats and wins another minority government. Stephen Harper is re-elected as Prime Minister. (CTV News)
- Zimbabwe riot police disrupt a student protest in Harare as the students attempt to present a petition to Parliament. (''The Times'')
- 2008 Cambodian-Thai stand-off: Thailand states that it is prepared to respond militarily if attacked by Cambodia after Cambodia issues an ultimatum to withdraw from disputed border areas. (AP via Google News)
- Double murderer Richard Cooey is executed at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, Ohio, despite his claims that his obesity made lethal injection inhumane. (UPI)
- United States President George W. Bush announces new measures to attack the current economic crisis including plans for the U.S. government to buy stakes in major banks. (ABC News Australia)
- Yehude Simon swears in as the new prime minister of Peru after the resignation of Jorge Del Castillo following the oil kickback scandal in Peru. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?