Friday 14 September 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Lika mot lika, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1906 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- College Life - Billy Murray
- Waltz Me Around Again, Willie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 September 1906 and get them!