Wednesday 14 September 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gaston Deferre and Gaston Defferre.
Göteborgarens marstrandsresa, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1910!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1910 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Gaston Deferre: French politician.
- Gaston Defferre: French Socialist politician, lawyer and journalist.
- Lehman Engel: Jackson, Mississippi -- Conductor / comp (Streetcar Named Desire).
- Jack Hawkins: Actor (Ben Hur, Ben-Four Just Men), dies at 62.
- Yiannis Latsis: Greek shipping tycoon (Born 1910).
- Rolf Liebermann: Swiss-French composer and manager (d. 1999)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh That Beautiful Rag - Arthur Collins
- The Girl with a Brogue - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?