Tuesday 14 September 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Over the Hill to the Poorhouse, directed by Harry Millarde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1920 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Alberto Calderon: Argentine mathematician (d. 1998).
- Bud Palmer Hollywood California: NBA player (New York Knicks)/sportscaster.
- Mario Benedetti: Uruguayan journalist, novelist, and poet (Born 1920).
- Lawrence Klein: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2013).
- Alberto Calderón: Argentinian-American mathematician and academic (d. 1998).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chili Bean - Paul Biese Trio & Frank Crumit
- Shannon Four - Wond'ring
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?