Wednesday 14 September 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hughes Rudd and A Jean de Grandpre.
The Ace of Hearts, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1921 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Hughes Rudd: TV newscaster (CBS / ABC).
- A Jean de Grandpre: Canadian businessman and chief executive officer (Bell Canada).
- Hellmuth Bantz: German gymnast.
- John Imandt: Dutch astrologer, a member of the WVA (see under: Thierens) for several years, later working closely with Antoon van Zon in the "Werkgroep voor Kosmobiologisch Onderzoek" (WKO) (= workgroup for cosmobiological research) in The Hague.
- Stanley Pace: American aerospace engineer and CEO of General Dynamics, the U.S.
- Constance Motley: American lawyer judge and politician (d. 2005)
- A de Grandpré: Canadian lawyer businessman and academic
- Paul Poberezny: American pilot and businessman founded the Experimental Aircraft Association (d. 2013)
- Dario Vittori: Italian-Argentinian actor and producer (d. 2001)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 September 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tea Leaves - Nora Bayes
- Peggy O'Neil - Charles Harrison
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?