Thursday 14 September 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1922 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Michel Auclair: German actor of stage and film, making his debut onscreen in 1945.
- Frances Bergen: American model and actress (d. 2006).
- Alfred Käärmann: Estonian soldier and author (d. 2010).
- Michel Auclair [Vujovic]: Germany -- Actor (Story of a Love Story).
- Marcel Niedergang: Evian Journalist.
- Lucien Zins: French swim champion, an Olympian in the 1948 and 1952 games.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?