Saturday 14 September 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1929 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Hans Clarin: German actor who became a well-known voice actor of characters in children's audio plays, particularly the kobold Pumuckl (including its TV and cinematic film conversions) and the ghost Hui Buh.
- John Gutfreund: .
- Mel Hancock: (Rep-R-Missouri).
- Larry Collins: American-French journalist historian and author (d. 2005).
- Maurice Vachon: French Canadian professional wrestler.
- 49th US Mens Tennis: Bill Tilden beats Francis Hunter (36 63 46 62 64)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 September 1929 and get them!