Sunday 14 September 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Madam Satan, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1930 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- John Gilbert: Canadian talk-show host based in Niagara Falls and Toronto, Ontario.
- Allan Bloom: Author (Closing of the American Mind), dies at 62.
- Romola Costantino: Australian pianist and critic (d. 1988).
- Eugene Gordon: American physicist and engineer (d. 2014).
- Detroit Lions (as Portsmouth Spartans) play 1st NFL game, win 13-6
- Nazis gain 107 seats in German election
- National Socialists win 107 seats in the German Parliament (18.3% of all the votes), making them the second largest party.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Star Dust - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?