Thursday 14 September 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harve Presnell in Modesto and Harve Presnell.
The Private Life of Henry VIII., directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1933 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Harve Presnell in Modesto: California, USA; actor (Unsinkable Molly Brown).
- Harve Presnell: American actor and singer with a rich baritone particularly noted for his performances in musical theater.
- Ingo Swann: American artist and psychic, an exceptionally successful subject in parapsychological experiments.
- Bruno Bollini: .
- Zoe Caldwell: Australia -- Actress (Prime of Miss Jean Brodie).
- 2 billion board feet of lumber destroyed in Tillamook Oregon fire
- Schaduwproces-Rijksdagbrand opens in London
- Two billion board feet of lumber destroyed in Tillamook, Oregon fire.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?