Tuesday 14 September 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jacques Aubert and Irwin Goodman.
Sherlock Holmes Faces Death, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1943 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Jean-Jacques Aubert: French physicist, appointed in 2000 to the position of Director of the 'Institut national de physique nucléaire et de physique des particules' (National institute for nuclear physics and particle physics).
- Irwin Goodman: Finnish pop singer, married 3 times.
- Marcos Valle: Brazilian singer-songwriter pianist and producer.
- Comedians Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara marries
- Yanks clinch pennant #14
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 September 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?