Saturday 14 September 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1963 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Jaromir Dragan: Liptovsky, Czechoslovakia -- Hockey goalie (Team Slovakia 1998).
- Robert Herjavec: Entrepreneur.
- Antonia Real: in Spain; 400m freestyle (Olympic-1976).
- Eric Riedmatten: French journalist, appointed Director of External Communications of the Renault group in 2014.
- Tony Becker: American actor.
- Robin Singh: Trinidadian-Indian cricketer and coach
- Mary Ann Fischer, in Aberdeen, South Dakota, gives birth to America's first surviving quintuplets, four girls and a boy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 September 1963 and get them!