Monday 14 September 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kurt Gouveia and Faith Ford.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Outsiders, directed by JeanLuc Cinéma Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Slattery's People.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1964 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Kurt Gouveia: NFL linebacker (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Faith Ford: Louisiana, United States -- Actress (Another World, Corky-Murphy Brown).
- Stephen Dunham: American actor (d. 2012).
- Mary Howe: Composer, dies at 82.
- WCVE TV channel 23 in Richmond, VA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Walt Disney awarded the Medal of Freedom at the White House.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 September 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?