Saturday 14 September 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Cortese and Ginger Helgeson Nielson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Hey Jude by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Funny Girl, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1968 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Dan Cortese: Actor / TV host (Jess Hanson-Melrose Place).
- Ginger Helgeson Nielson: St. Cloud, Minnesota -- Tennis star.
- Pete Chilcutt: American basketball player: forward, Grizzlies.
- Tanel Joamets: Estonian pianist.
- Grant Shapps: English politician.
- Michelle Stafford: American actress producer and screenwriter
- 1st broadcast of 60 Minutes on CBS-TV
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 September 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built
- Marvin Gaye - You're All I Need To Get By
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?