Sunday 14 September 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Konstantinos Koukodimos and Mark Hall.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
All Neat in Black Stockings, directed by Christopher Morahan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Then Came Bronson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1969 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Konstantinos Koukodimos: Greek long jumper and politician.
- Mark Hall: Gospel Singer.
- Denis Betts: English rugby player and coach.
- Konstandinos Koukodimos: Australian-Greek long jumper and politician.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Wendell-West Golf Open
- Males of Swiss kanton Schaffhausen rejects female suffrage
- The US Selective Service selects September 14th as the First Draft Lottery Date.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 September 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?