Tuesday 14 September 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Donny Osmond.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1971 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Jonathan "Adam" Holland: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Kimberly Williams: Actress (Father of the Bride).
- Mario Henry: NFL wide receiver (Buffalo Bills, Atlanta Falcons).
- Jeff Loomis: American guitarist and songwriter (Nevermore and Sanctuary).
- Andre Matos: Brazilian singer-songwriter and pianist (Viper Angra Shaman and Symfonia).
- Christopher McCulloch: American voice actor producer and screenwriter
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley: American actress director and producer
- Cleveland Indians and Washingston Senators, play 20 innings
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?