Thursday 14 September 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donnell Bennett and David Bell.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Black & White by Three Dog Night.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching George.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1972 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Donnell Bennett: NFL fullback (KC Chiefs).
- David Bell: Cincinnati, Ohio -- Infielder (St. Louis Cardinals).
- Nakamura Shidō: Japanese actor.
- Kornelis Posthumus: Chemist, dies at 70.
- Waltons TV program premieres
- West Germany and Poland establish diplomatic relations
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Elton John - Honky Cat
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?