Sunday 14 September 1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun) by Berlin.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
Down by Law, directed by Jim Jarmusch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1986 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- SoShy : French-American singer-songwriter.
- Jonathan Monaghan: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Steven Naismith: Scottish footballer.
- Barış Özbek: German-Turkish footballer.
- Alan Sheehan: Irish footballer.
- Ai Takahashi: Japanese singer and actress (Morning Musume Minimoni Elegies and High-King)
- AJ Trauth: American actor
- Andrew James Trauth: American actor
- Tinchy Stryder: British rapper
- Bomb attack in Paris, 2 killed
- Bomb explosion on airport Kimpo at Seoul, 5 killed
- Judy Dickinson wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
- Saskatchewan Roughriders and Hamilton Tiger-Cats play first Canadian Football League regular-season overtime game.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Bananarama - Venus
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
- Regina - Baby Love
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 September 1986 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?