Thursday 14 September 2000
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Music by Madonna.
Best in Show, directed by Christopher Guest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while The Bear and the Dragon by Tom Clanc was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2000.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 2000!
Which were the important events of 14 September 2000 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 September
- A tugboat puts a 4-foot gash in US Navy ship USS Detroit, spilling 113,000 litres of oil across Sandy Hook Bay, New Jersey, USA.
- Microsoft launches the Windows Millenium Edition (Me) operating system. 400,000 copies of the retail upgrade copy are sold in the first month.
- Microsoft releases Windows Me.
- End of UK Fuel protests.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?