Friday 14 September 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, directed by Andrew Dominik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 14 September 2007 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 September
- The SELENE spacecraft launches. JAXA has called the mission, quotthe largest lunar mission since the Apollo program.quot
- Finland scrambles a jet fighter to intercept a Russian aircraft. (Wikinews)
- Chrysler recalls 300,000 sport utility vehicles to investigate braking problems while Honda recalls 180,000 Honda Civics from the 2006–07 season due to problems with a wheel-bearing seal. (AP via Topix)
- War in Iraq:
- U.S. General Peter Pace, outgoing chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, acknowledges that mistakes were made during the war. (CNN)
- Sunni Arab Iraqis and United States forces vow to keep fighting Al Qaeda in Anbar Province following the assassination of Sheikh Sittar. (Reuters)
- A new case of foot and mouth disease is confirmed at a farm in Egham, Surrey, England. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- An official for the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs warns that a million people in Africa require assistance after floods have killed more than 200 people in recent weeks. (AFP)
- The Pakistan Peoples Party unanimously decides that Benazir Bhutto will return to Pakistan on October 18, 2007.
- Pope Benedict XVI's motu proprio ''Summorum Pontificum'' takes effect the traditional Latin Mass is thus officially restored in the Roman Catholic Church. (Catholic World News)
- Oscar Temaru is elected as the President of French Polynesia by the Parliament for the third time in three years. (AP via IHT)
- September 2007 Sumatra earthquakes
- Another earthquake of 6.9 magnitude occurs off the coast of Sumatra. (BBC)
- Michael Sulick is named the new Director of the United States' National Clandestine Service.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?