Sunday 15 April 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Artur Alliksaar and Robert DePugh.
Drakula halála, directed by Kroly Lajthay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1923 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Artur Alliksaar: Estonian poet and author (d. 1966).
- Robert DePugh: American activist founded the Minutemen Organization (d. 2009).
- Douglas Wass: CEO (Equity and Law Life Assurance Company).
- 1st sound on film public performance shown at Rialto Theater (NYC)
- Insulin becomes generally available for use by people with diabetes.
- First sound on film public performance shown at Rialto Theater (New York City).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 April 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Carolina in the Morning - American Quartet
- Rose of the Rio Grande - Marion Harris
- You Tell Her - I Stutter - Van & Schenck
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?