Saturday 15 April 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Strugatski and Elizabeth Montgomery Los Angeles.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1933 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Boris Strugatski: USSR -- Sci-fi author (Tale of Troika).
- Elizabeth Montgomery Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Samantha/Serena - Bewitched).
- Roy Clark in Meherrin: Virginia, USA; country singer (Hee Haw).
- Elizabeth Montgomery: American actress who hit her stride on TV, especially in the series "Bewitched," which began taping in July 1964 and lasted until 1972.
- Elisabe Montgomery: Los Angeles Actor.
- Roy Clark: American musician
- David Hamilton: British photographer, film director and producer
- Jim Towers: English footballer (Born 1933)
- Kōji Yada: Japanese voice actor (d. 2014)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?