Thursday 15 April 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Russell and Philippe Haudiquet.
A Star Is Born, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching The Disorderly Room.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1937!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1937 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Earl Russell: Historian.
- Philippe Haudiquet: French film critic and director.
- Henri Sérandour: French international water polo player who was president of the French National Olympic Committee (CNOSF) during 16 years (1993-2009) and since 2000, a member of the International Olympic Committee.
- Bob Luman: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1978).
- Uldis Pūcītis: Latvian actor and director (d. 2000).
- Nikolai Artzibushev: Composer, dies at 79.
- Stanley Cup: Detroit Red Wings beat the New York Rangers, 3 games to 2
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?