Sunday 15 April 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1945 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Jos F: B van Rey; Dutch Member of Parliament (VVD).
- Roberto Morote Barrionuevo: Known by the alias Comrade "Nicholas" or "Remigio" is one of the members of the leadership of Shining Path, a Maoist insurgency that started the internal armed conflict in Peru in 1980, using as a primary method of action on terrorism.
- Hermann Florstedt: Nazi leader (Born 1895).
- British Army liberates Belsen concentration camp
- FDR buried on grounds of Hyde Park home
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Communium interpretes dolorum
- British and Canadian troops liberate German camp of Bergen-Belsen.
- Franklin Roosevelt buried on grounds of Hyde Park home.
- US troops occupy concentration camp Colditz.
- The Bergen-Belsen concentration camp is liberated.
- April 15 ndash WWII: The Canadian First Army reaches the coast in northern Holland and captures Arnhem.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?