Tuesday 15 April 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
This Happy Breed, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1947 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Cristina Husmark Pehrsson: Swedish politician.
- Roy Raymond: Entrepreneur.
- Michel Piquemal: French baritone and choirmaster.
- Linda Bloodworth-Thomason: American writer and television producer.
- Martin Broughton: English businessman.
- Lois Chiles: American model and actress
- David Omand: English civil servant and academic
- Cristina Pehrsson: Swedish nurse and politician Swedish Minister for Social Security
- Woolly Wolstenholme: English singer and keyboard player (Barclay James Harvest) (d. 2010)
- Michael DeBello: singer (Maniac).
- Irene Adams: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament of the Labour party after replacing her late husband in a by-election 11/27/1990. She was formerly a local Councilor before entering politics. Adams married Allen in 1968.
- Bojoura [Raina GB van Melzen]: Dutch singer / Wife of Hans Cleuver
- DeDe Lind: Los Angeles, California -- Playmate (Aug, 1967)
- Wooly Wolstenholme: Keyboardist / vocalist (Barclay James Harvest)
- Wolstenholme: Rocker.
- Operations begin at Radio Netherlands World radio.
- Jackie Robinson becomes the first African American to play modern Major League Baseball.!--recall Moses amp Welday Walker in 1884--
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Roses in the Rain - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?