Friday 15 April 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tonio K and Alain Minc.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Fred Waring Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1949 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Tonio K: American singer.
- Alain Minc: French businessman, political advisor, and author.
- Craig Zadan: American executive producer, director, and writer.
- Kadir İnanır: Turkish actor and director.
- Alla Pugacheva: Russian singer-songwriter and actress.
- Wallace Beery: American film actor, best known for his portrayal of Bill in "Min and Bill" opposite Marie Dressler, as Long John Silver in "Treasure Island," as Pancho Villa in "Viva Villa!," and his titular role in "The Champ," for which he won the Academy Award for Best Actor.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Redemptoris nostri
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Vic Damone - Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?