Saturday 15 April 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Wagon Master, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1950 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Amy Wright: American actress.
- Patty Johnson: American track & field champion.
- Amy Wright in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Inside Moves, Accidental Tourist).
- Josiane Balasko: French actress and film director of yougoslavian descent, daughter of Ivan Balaskovic.
- Belgian King Leopold III announces that he is ready to abdicate in favor of his son Baudouin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Count Every Star - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?