Tuesday 15 April 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Man in the White Suit, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1952 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Donald Harvey: American male nurse, gay, who worked at a convalescent-retirement home and homicide perpetrator who killed many of his patients with poison.
- Bengt Gingsjo: Swedish swimmer.
- Bengt Gingsjö: Swedish swimmer.
- Kym Gyngell: Australian actor and screenwriter.
- Sam McMurray: Actor (Tracey Ullman).
- Brian Muir: British sculptor and creator of Darth Vader
- Avital Ronell: Czech-American philosopher and academic
- Glenn Shadix: American actor and singer (d. 2010)
- Simon Irvine: Swedish gardener
- 1st B-52 prototype test flight
- First B-52 bomber prototype test flight.
- Stanley Cup: Detroit Red Wings sweep Montreal Canadiens in four games.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Franklin National Bank issues first bank credit card.
- The maiden flight of the B-52 Stratofortress
- The United States B-52 Stratofortress flies for the first time.
- Bolivia National Revolution: A universal vote enables indigenous peoples and women to vote, nationalizes mines and enacts agrarian reform.
- West Germany and Japan form diplomatic relations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 April 1952 and get them!